Though it’s been possible to stream live on YouTube, Periscope, and Facebook Live for some time now, it’s still underused in recruitment and considering how much we recruiters like free tools, that’s a lost opportunity! Streaming is a great way to give people a look inside your company; using genuine employee generated content to attract new recruits and show off your culture.
It’s a no brainer to start with Facebook Live; Facebook is where 1 billion people visit every day and in fact, since Facebook Live became available to all:
- Facebook has prioritised Live video over all other videos,
- Live videos have been watched 3 times longer than regular video, and
- Users have commented on Facebook Live videos at 10 times the rate of regular videos.
I’m a huge fan of Facebook Live but one thing that
is was so frustrating was how hard it was to get the video off the Facebook and onto other social media channels, like YouTube etc. But thankfully, there is a way to do it with ease (…and for free!):
Learn from my Facebook Live experience…
- Don’t turn your phone from portrait to landscape part way through – I ruined Audra’s doing that! – stay in landscape if you’re going to add it to YouTube.
- If your hands shake, use a stand.
- We’re loving running The #SocialRecruiting Show on Recruiter Zone via Crowdcast & beaming it to FB Live!
- Create Facebook Page events to invite people to your livestream.
What insights could you share?
- HubSpot have used Live to share jobs and recruiter tips
- Run an event like Cisco did WeAreCisco Live – Women In Tech
- Stealing from the marketers, this is a great post from Hubspot (especially the bit about Buzzfeed!) and check out 8 great ideas from TubularInsights
Will you be giving Facebook Live a try?