Who Is Katrina Collier?
noun /tʃiːf səːtʃˈɒlədʒist/
Katrina Collier – Founder, Author & Keynote Speaker on Candidate Engagement | Founder of DisruptHR London, Bristol, Glasgow, York & Cambridge.
The Searchologist & DisruptHR? 🤔
Katrina is a Gemini so of course her company has two distinct sides focused on her highest values, speaking, being heard and community!
The Searchologist improves candidate engagement through the book, the show and speaking, giving candidates a voice and recruiters a way to be heard. DisruptHR London, Bristol, Glasgow, York and Cambridge, give HR a voice and support #ConncectingHRAfrica and Retrak Charity, giving street kids the chance to be heard.
The Searchologist was founded to teach HR & recruiters social sourcing & recruiting and Katrina has successfully delivered training to SMEs and corporates all around the world. In 2018 she pivoted to focus on the problem of candidate engagement because finding people online is easy, there are countless tools and methods to reveal people and contact details… and this is the problem.
Sourcers and recruiters don’t have an issue finding people, they have an issue evoking a response because of the huge amount of recruitment spam! She has penned The Robot-Proof Recruiter, available for pre-order, and delivers keynotes that inspire those in recruitment to change their mindset, #BeHuman, and drastically improve candidate engagement and response rates.
As a typical “Generation X”, Katrina has been ignored by HR so it was with some irony that she has spent so many years training HR and discovering they weren’t as bad as she thought! She soon realised that those HR professionals who are out there breaking rules and improving the world of work, aren’t given the opportunity to speak and that a new platform was needed.
After speaking at DisruptHR NYC in 2016, she brought the Disrupt movement across the pond and she can’t quite believe what it has become – a platform where people have permission to be themselves and share their ideas. London’s HR community clearly needed something new and refreshing and she is truly awed by it each and every time. In 2019, she has brought DisruptHR to Bristol, York, Glasgow and Cambridge.
Why work with Katrina?
Katrina Collier challenges conventional recruitment thinking, technology buzzword bingo and anyone who thinks a robot can do what we do! Instead she instills excitement and confidence into HR, recruiters and sourcers, who are encouraged to make better use of technology and engage with potential recruits humanely.
Cutting through the industry hype, she will show you how to put the human front and centre in your social recruiting, how to increase response rates in this candidate driven market, and how to reduce candidate ghosting. It all starts with your recruiter’s mindset.
Katrina is a popular HR & Recruitment keynote, including for ERE, SourceCon, SOSU Sourcing Summits in Asia, Australia, NZ & Europe, EVOLVE! Summit, RecruitDC, SRSC, HRus Israel, and even to the Singapore Government, and is quoted in BBC, Forbes, SHRM, Cambridge University’s Strategies for Success and many more. She is also an Ambassador for Retrak Charity / Hope for Justice.
💪🏻 Puts The Human In Recruiting
👍🏻 Improves Candidate Engagement
🤖 Robot Proofs Recruiters | Sourcers!
😇 Demystifies Hype From Fact
😎 Uses Aussie Brit Humour
What people say
- UK Recruiter: 30 of The Best Recruitment Blogs, Podcasts and Content Providers 2018
- Firefish: Casting Our #RecNet
- Recruiting Daily: 300+ Women In HR Technology Worth Watching
- DevSkiller: 50 most game-changing influencers in recruitment [also for IT recruiters]
- Moodvise: No. 22 in The Top 100 Most Influential People In HR & Recruiting On Twitter
- DevSkiller: 31 Must Follow Blogs For Tech Recruiters In 2016
- Career Sherpa: 40 Twitter Accounts To Follow for Your Job Search and Career 2016
- The Savvy Intern: YouTern’s Top 50 Twitter Accounts Young Careerists MUST Follow 2015
- Staff Squared: Top 20 HR Blogs Of 2015
- InterviewMocha: Top Recruitment Thought Leaders
- Bond US: Top 15 Recruiting Experts To Follow On Twitter
- Work4: 4 Thought Leaders That Are Changing The Recruiting Industry
- UK Recruiter: 10 Recruitment Gurus To Follow On Twitter
- Dice.com: Exploring the Secret Practices of Tech Recruiters
- BBC Capital: Hate Talking On The Phone? This Interview Is For You
- Forbes: How To Find Technology Talent In The LinkedIn Era
- People Management: What are candidates saying about you online?
- Recruiting Brainfood: Big List Of People To Follow in 2019
- Applicant Stack: Best HR Blog For Recruiting
- SHRM: Boost Your Recruiting on ‘Those Other’ Social Media Sites
- HRDive: Can Facebook’s new job posting feature compete with other recruitment services?
- Jibe: Instagram: A Powerful Tool For Recruiters (And Employer Brand)
- Dice.com: 7 Social Recruiting Goofs That Turn Off Tech Pros
- Mashable: How To Recruit The Creme De La Creme For Your Business
- Software Advice: Expert Roundtable: Top Social Recruiting Strategies for 2016 and Beyond
- Bond US: What Millennials Want and How to Recruit Them
- Spark Hire: 3 Tried-and-True Ways to Attract Top Talent
- College USA Today: 45 Things Successful Job Seekers Do On Social Media
- eFinancial Careers: Four Social Media Tips To Help You Get (& Keep) A Job On Wall Street
- Interviewed by Bond US for The Staffing Stream’s: Tick Tock: Amplify Social Recruiting Results With Optimal Timing
- SHRM: Recruiters Turn To Niche Social Sites To Find Talent.
- Inc.com: How To Write A Social Media Policy
- Cambridge University Students’ Union’s: Strategies For Success, contributing the section Managing Your Digital Profile in Chapter 1, Careers Toolkit.
“Katrina brings that great mix of expertise, integrity, confidence and humour to all things sourcing. Her straight talking approach is refreshing and her delivery second to none. I really enjoy working with Katrina most recently where she helped build expertise and the ‘art of the possible’ in the sourcing space with one of our mutual retail clients. She’s very supportive and encouraged me to speak at one her very popular and excellent Disrupt HR events! I recommend Katrina without hesitation and look forward to working with her again.
“ It had been a while since I had attended a SourceCon conference! Then I received an email notice on the topic “Can we Automate Being Human?” It piqued my interest because it’s a subject I have been thinking about as well. I was happy I opened it, I knew right away that I needed to meet her! Katrina’s SourceCon keynote, “Can we Automate Being Human?” really brought life back into our industry! Thank you, Katrina, for bringing back “human” part of HR. Katrina, you’re the real deal and so much more!”
— 𝕶𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖆 𝕮𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖗 🇦🇺🇬🇧 (@KatrinaMCollier) December 29, 2018
Click to play