Recruitment marketing is not a new field.
In fairness, many of us were doing recruitment marketing long before it had a name or subject matter experts. Back then we just called it, “recruiting strategy.” Yet in recent years, the field is gaining momentum and many in-house recruiters are trying to build the business case for a better way to translate their employer brand into action. Tennille Folk, our guest last week, was in those same shoes and came to the show to share her experience.
“It started with a business case” said Tennille who began her career in hotel management before joining Stryker. “We are a company of numbers driven people. We talk in numbers. So for me to even start having that conversation we needed some really good data.” But it wasn’t the data alone that sold the program.
After working with her LinkedIn team and every resource she could find online, Tennille built this business case with a combination of data, stories and most importantly – support. That support came with a team of hand-picked advocates. Rather than focusing on location or seniority, Tennille focused on people with unique experiences. “For me it was about who is passionate about this but also who understands a little bit about candidate experience.”
Building and growing the program has been a work in progress – learning about subcultures within the global offices and telling the story in a highly-regulated industry. Tennille still finds herself looking for resources on recruitment marketing and many of our viewers shared her quest, asking for resources, podcasts and webinars where they could learn more.
Must-Hear Recruitment (and Marketing) Podcasts and Blogs:
- The Science Of Social Media By Buffer – Take social media and find out what to do with it in recruitment.
- Perpetual Traffic – All about ads, so you can learn how to buy on Facebook and keep up with changes in the tool.
- Talent Cast by James Ellis – James talks all things recruitment marketing.
- CopyBlogger – All about copywriting and ideas for writing.
- Marketing School – Short talks about anything and everything to do with marketing.
- Employer Branding For Dummies – The basics you need to build a basic program
- Callings By Storycorps – A book of stories by people who have found their calling through work. A good reminder of why we do books and a refresher on the elements of great storytelling.
- Mike Kim – Mike Kim offers practical advice to do automation with personalisation that feels human.
- RecruitmentMarketingLibrary.com – is a library of recruitment marketing graphics sharing tips and advice for better outreach and interaction with candidates.
If you want to learn more about building your own recruitment marketing team, watch the whole episode